Terms & Conditions
1. The contest/competition/submissions are open for online submissions only, through the web page available on https://sirji.pro
2. Submissions will not be accepted after the deadline.
Photos submitted must be at least 1500 Pixels on the shorter side. Images should be no larger than 3MB each and must be in .JPG format.
4. You may submit as many entries per contest/competition/submission as you wish, unless specifically mentioned otherwise in the contest/competition/submission specific rules.
5. Employees or agencies of Sirji Creative Academy Pvt Ltd its group companies or their family members or anyone else connected with the Competition may not enter the Competition.
6. The Competition is open to all photographers (both amateur and professional).
7. All submitted photos must contain the original EXIF metadata information. However, there must be no border(s), logo(s), copyright marks, identifying marks, or any other visible references and/or marks on the image.
8. Basic editing, including colour enhancement, the use of filters, and cropping of the Photo(s) is acceptable, provided any such editing does not affect the authenticity and/or genuineness of the Photo(s) unless otherwise stated in the contest/competition/submission brief.
9. Advanced editing used to create illusions, deceptions and/or manipulations, and the adding and removing of significant elements within the frame is prohibited unless otherwise specified.
10. Every image uploaded is subject to a moderation process before it becomes visible on the contest/competition/submission page. Sirji Creative Academy Pvt Ltd reserves the right to assess and disregard any submitted photo at our its discretion.
11. Photos that portray or otherwise include inappropriate and/or offensive content, including provocative nudity, violence, human rights and/or environmental violation, and/or any other contents deemed to be contrary to the law, religious, cultural & moral traditions and practices of India, are strictly prohibited and will be immediately discarded.
12. A participant who submits any such photos may be permanently banned, subject to Sirji Creative Academy Pvt Ltd’s discretion, from participating in any future contest/competition/submissions.
13. Entrants confirm that each individual who has submitted an entry has given consent for the use of his/her image in connection with this Competition and in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. Where an individual whose image is featured in a Competition entry is aged less than 18 years the entrant confirms that the parent or guardian of that individual has given the relevant consent.
14. Sirji Creative Academy Pvt Ltd will appoint a judge / judges for each contest/competition/submission.
15. The judging panel shall assess and determine the winning Photos. The results and the winners will be announced on the website and other platforms. When choosing the winner and runners up, the Judges will be looking for the most well composed, artistic and original image that evokes the best interpretation of the theme.
16. The Judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
17. Sirji Creative Academy Pvt Ltd reserves the right to call for original JPEG or RAW files with unchanged EXIF for the purpose of authentication. An image maybe disregarded if this information cannot be provided.
18. Prizes (if any) will be shipped for free within India. Winners from outside India may mention an Indian address to ship the prizes. Alternately, they will have to bear the shipping expense to their respective countries.
19. Any state/ provincial/ territorial, and/or local taxes, fees and surcharges and taxes (whether foreign or domestic and including income tax) on any prize that may be awarded to You under the Contest/competition/submission will be solely paid by You.
20. Prizes will be shipped once appropriate clearances and permission are given by the Government of India, in the case of any delays related to the COVID-19 lockdown(s) Sirji Creative Academy Pvt Its and its Authorised Parties cannot be held liable.
IMAGE RELEASE FOR PUBLICITY
21. All selected entries may be published by Sirji Creative Academy Pvt Ltd or Sirji Creative Academy Pvt Ltd affiliated Sponsors/Funders and Partners (the “Authorised Parties”) in magazines or books, on websites, or in any other medium, at Authorised Parties’ discretion. Such use will be restricted to promotion, publicity, news, or informational education or awareness usage in relation to FORMAT International Photography Festival. Photographers will be credited for their works.
22. By participating, all selected applicants grant Sirji Creative Academy Pvt Ltd and its Authorised Parties usage of images, and acknowledge that any Sirji Creative Academy Pvt Ltd and Authorised Party may use the entries and a name credit in any media before, during and after, without restriction in relation to the uses stated above. FORMAT and Authorised Parties will not be required to pay any additional consideration or seek any additional approval in connection with such use.
23. Sirji Creative Academy Pvt Ltd and our Open Call partners are not responsible for any problems with or technical malfunction of any telephone, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any online entry to be received on account of technical problems, human errors of any kind, or any combination.
24. The Contest/competition/submission and the Rules shall be governed by and construed in accordance with Indian laws. Any aspects or disputes arising out of or in connection with the contest and/or your submission(s) will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the India courts.
25. Sirji Creative Academy Pvt Ltd accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by you as a result of entering the Competition or accepting any prize. Sirji Creative Academy Pvt Ltd further disclaims liability for any injury or damage to you or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials in connection with the Competition.
26. Sirji Creative Academy Pvt Ltd reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this Competition with or without prior notice due to reasons outside its reasonable control (including, without limitation, in the case of anticipated, suspected or actual fraud). The decision of Sirji Creative Academy Pvt Ltd in all matters relating to the Competition is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into. Sirji Creative Academy Pvt Ltd reserves the right to discount votes if it suspects fraudulent bulk voting or multiple voting is taking or has taken place to inappropriately influence or manipulate the voting procedures.
27. Sirji Creative Academy Pvt Ltd shall not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations relating to this Competition where the failure is caused by something outside its reasonable control. Such circumstances shall include, but not be limited to, weather conditions, fire, flood, hurricane, strike, industrial dispute, war, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, inevitable accidents, supervening legislation or any other circumstances amounting to force majeure.
SOME OTHER RULES
28. Entries on behalf of another person will not be accepted and joint submissions are not allowed.
29. We take no responsibility for entries that are lost, delayed, misdirected or incomplete or cannot be delivered or entered for any technical or other reason. Proof of delivery of the entry is not proof of receipt.
30. The winners may be required to take part in promotional activity related to the Competition and the winners shall participate in such activity on Sirji Creative Academy Pvt Ltd’s reasonable request.
32. Sirji Creative Academy Pvt Ltd may pass entrants’ details to third parties and/or otherwise engage third party providers in connection with this Competition where the third party is acting on Sirji Creative Academy Pvt Ltd’s behalf for the purposes of administering this Competition and/or any subsequent publicity, and/or for the purposes of sending you Sirji Creative Academy Pvt Ltd’s marketing materials; and/or as otherwise required by law.
33. You hereby hold harmless, release, indemnify and discharge Sirji Creative Academy Pvt Ltd and its partners, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising agencies, agents and their employees, officers and representatives from all liability, claims, judgments, demands, controversies, agreements, damages, actions and causes of action whatsoever, arising out of or related in any way to the contest/competition/submission or the conduct of the contest/competition/submission and the acceptance and use, misuse, or possession of any prize awarded, whether in law or in equity, no matter what the cause or nature, and You further waive any claims that You may state or assert against Sirji Creative Academy Pvt Ltd in association with the contest/competition/submission or any of its associated activities, or in any way related to or resulting from the contest/competition/submission even if such injury or claims results from or is caused by the negligence or gross negligence of Sirji Creative Academy Pvt Ltd, in whole or in part, due to human error or otherwise. You further agree to indemnify and hold harmless Sirji Creative Academy Pvt Ltd from any claim arising out of your participation in the contest/competition/submission including, without limitation, all claims brought or asserted by any third party as a result of any injury or loss that You or they may sustain in any way associated with your participation in the contest/competition/submission.